Drink your way to weight loss
All the fluids extracted in their natural form are good for detoxification and weight loss. And if you take the right ingredients, that may boost weight loss.
Sonia Narang, Nutrition Expert, Oriflame India, tells you how you can drink your way to weight loss:
* Banana water shake: Put one ripe banana in a blender, few ice cubes, half cup of water. Blend till its frothy. Drink chilled.
This drink is a rich source of energy and potassium and calcium. Good for weight loss as it doesn't have milk which otherwise makes the drink heavy.
* Coconut mint pine pina colada: Fresh coconut water, two slices of pineapple, few leaves of mint.
Blend the above in a blender. It makes for a clean drink which is packed with minerals, good for digestion and is rich in enzyme Bromelain which is known to boost weight loss. It also helps reducing bad cholesterol.
* Cucumber, coriander smoothie: One small cucumber, bunch of coriander, quarter ginger(grated), one spoon of aloe vera gel. Put all the above together in a mixer, make a smoothie, add few ice cubes and blend again. Add little water to have the consistency according to your taste, squeeze half a lemon juice in this and drink.
It's an amazing detoxifier. Works wonders to reduce the fat from belly. A very good diuretic to reduce the blood pressure.
* Kiwi, cucumber, strawberry drink: Put cut slices of the above in a jug of water. The water gets infused with the goodness of these fresh fruits and veg within 5-10 minutes. Keep drinking through this jug and refilling with more water.
The fruity flavour of this water is refreshing and alkaline. This drink gives the nutrients of the ingredients like Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
The water can be infused with any random fruits and vegetables that meets the eye.
* Turmeric lemon detox tea: Put half teaspoon turmeric powder, few tea leaves, a pinch of cinnamon in 200 ml. Add water and bring to boil. Cool it and then add half a lemon's juice and drink.
This tea can be had warm or ice cold. It's a detoxifier. It's a rich source of flavonoids and has the goodness and antibacterial qualities of turmeric. You can also also add 1/2 tsp honey to the same.
* Green coffee coconut: Put a sachet of green coffee in a mug of hot boiling water and let it steep for 10 minutes. Strain and add half teaspoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil to it and drink. This enhances metabolism and is rich in antioxidants. Coconut oil is heart and bone healthy.