Chocolate Crusted Jamun Roly Poly Recipe
This Jamun Roly Poly recipes is an unique dessert that is made of Jamun or Black plums, chocolate and cream. This kid - friendly dish is creatively made and to add the fun element to it, it has legs that are made with fried spaghetti dipped in chocolate. Garnished with chocolate vermicelli and cocoa powder.
This vegetarian delight would be a sure hit at your parties.
Fresh Jamun (deseeded) - 300 gms Raw chocolate - 500 gms Double Cream - 400 gms Chocolate cookie (crushed into rough crumbs) - 200 gms Chocolate vermicilli - 300 gms Edible silver balls (for the eyes) - 24 nos Cocoa powder (for garnish) - 1 tbsp Fried spaghetti (for legs) - 100 gms |
How to Make Chocolate Crusted Jamun Roly Poly:
- Deseed the jamuns and press 3-4 seedless cooled jamuns together to form small balls.
- Keep it in a refrigerator to chill.
- In the mean time melt dark chocolate on a double boiler or a microwave oven.
- Add cream to the cooled chocolate and mix well.
- Add the chocolate cookie crumbs and mix well without any lumps.
- Dip the jamun balls in this chocolate mixture and place on a tray.
- Dust chocolate vermicilli to evenly coat the balls.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time, prepare the legs by boiling spaghetti pasta, once cooled, cut them into 4-5 inch sized noodle starnds and dip in melted dark chocolate to coat evenly.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes and when firm enough, insert 4 eachon the side of the chocolate balls to form legs.
- Similarly place the edible silver balls on the front to form eyes completing the roly poly.
- Garnish it by dusting cocoa powder and powdered sugar on the roly poly.
- Chefs Tip: You can also use white chocolate to make colored roly polys. Can be stuffed with nuts of your choice to give it a twist of taste and texture.