Homemade Masala Fish Fry Recipe
Homemade masala fish fry is scrumptious Indian dish made by shallow frying the fish. The fish slices are coated with spicy masala and then fried until crisp.
The non vegetarian dish is served as a side dish and is a favorite among Punjabis. Fish slices and thick masala is made with flavorful spices like coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, curry leaves and more. The rice flour will add the crispiness to the fish crust.
You can relish it as side dish with salad and dash of lemon. Learn how to make this snack by following our step by step guide.
How to Make Homemade Masala Fish Fry:
- Dry roast the red chillies, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick, until a nice aroma comes out and keep aside.
- To the same pan, add few drops of oil, saute the chopped onions, curry leaves and garlic cloves, cook until they get partially cooked.
- Now take the roasted spices and onion-garlic together in a mixie jar, add the turmeric powder, lemon juice and grind into a fine and thick paste with enough water.
- Store this paste in a clean air tight box; keep it in fridge and use before a week.
- Take enough paste in a plate, add the rice flour, salt and mix it.
- Apply this thick paste evenly over the fish slices and keep them aside for at least two hours.
- Fry the fish slices with enough oil in medium flame and drain the excess oil with a paper towel.
- Serve hot with your favourite dish.
- Recipe Courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipes.