Indian style baked chicken Recipe
Indian style baked chicken is an easy-to-make chicken recipe for non-vegetarian food lovers. The recipe is mostly served as a starter and is loved by people during home parties or usual gatherings.
The best thing is that you just need to do the basic preparation and it will be ready in no time. The non-vegetarian recipe involves simple baking technique. So, you will need an oven and you can learn how to make it at home.
This Indian style chicken recipe involves some common Indian spices and condiments for amazing flavors. Lemon and vinegar will add zesty flavor to this baked chicken recipe. It is best enjoyed with friends while watching a movie.
1.4 lb - Chicken breast (approximately 600 grams) or 3 large breasts 1.5 tbsp - Lemon (is it juice or zest) 1/2 tsp - cumin powder 1/2 tsp - pepper powder 1 tsp - ginger-garlic paste 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala 1/2 tsp - paprika 1/2 tsp - chilli powder (If you do not have paprika then make it 1 tsp) Salt to taste 3 tsp - yogurt 1-2 tsp - canola/olive oil (optional)
How to Make Indian style baked chicken:
- Cleaning: Clean the chicken breast thoroughly with vinegar or turmeric powder.
- Pat dry to remove the excess water.
- If the pieces are thick, make small slits in the centre (along the breadth).
- This will ensure that the marinade gets into the centre of the chicken.
- If your chicken breasts are thin, then slits along the breadth are not required.
- Instead, you can create a couple of 0.5 cm slits along the length.
- Add the ingredients except chicken and make a thick paste.
- Take a baking tray/cookie tray and line it with an aluminium foil.
- If you want, you can drizzle some oil/cooking spray on the foil.
- Using a brush or your hand, spread the marinade to coat the chicken well. If you are creating a slit, do spread the marinade inside the pocket.
- Place the chicken breast in the freezer and let it marinate for 2 hours or longer.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip it with a spatula.
- Baste with the excess liquid if any.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove and place on a plate.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lemon wedges and onion (sliced into full moon).
- Serve immediately as an appetizer with green chutney or yogurt dip.
- If you are refrigerating the chicken for later use, then ensure that you reheat it on a tava, drizzling some oil.
- Microwaving makes the chicken hard and chewy.
- Recipe courtesy: Food for 7 Stages of Life