Mutton Liver Fry Recipe
Mutton liver fry recipe is a mouthwatering non-vegetarian dish famous among mutton lovers across India.
This recipe makes for a great accompaniment as a side dish or a starter. It is easy to make with simply saute technique. The recipe involves mutton liver as the major ingredient which is well coated with the masala made up from onion, ginger and garlic paste.
The mix of all other exotic spices like bay leaf and cardamom infuse an aromatic flavor in mutton liver making this dish for a great side dish to be served before any meal. Know how to make it by following the detailed, step by step instruction mentioned below.
Mutton liver pieces - 500 g Oil - 8 tbsps Jeera - 1/2 tsp Tejpatta (Bay leaves) - 2 Dried red chilly - 2 For garam masala: Cloves - 4 Bari elaichi - 1 Small elaichi - 2 Daalchini (cinnamon ) - 1 inch thin strip Onion - 2 (medium size) Ginger-garlic paste - 1 heaped tbsp Chopped Dhania patta - 1 tbsp Tomato - 1 medium (chopped) For powdered masala: Haldi powder- 1/2 tsp Jeera powder - 1 tsp Dhania powder - 1 tsp Red chilly powder - 1 tsp Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp Tandoori masala powder - 1 tsp (optional) Salt to taste Desi ghee- 1 tbsp
How to Make Mutton Liver Fry:
- Wash the mutton liver thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Put jeera, tejpatta, and dried red chilly.
- When the jeera begins to splutter, add garam masala and onion. Saute for sometime over medium flame for 2 mins.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute everything for 2 mins.
- Add powdered masalas (except garam masala powder), mutton liver, salt and tomato. Saute for 3 mins.
- Cover the kadai with a lid and let the mutton liver cook for 5 mins on slow flame.
- Open the vessel. Saute and put garam masala powder.
- Cover the lid.
- Allow to cook for 5 mins on slow flame.
- Garnish with chopped dhania patta.
- Serve warm with hot puris, parathas or roti.