No sustainable diet is complete without regular servings of vegetables.
Oven Roasted Vegetables is a side dish that complements low carb diets (like ketogenic/keto diet) where meals are often high in fat and protein.
This recipe uses sweet potatoes which contains fewer carbs and more vitamins than white potatoes. If you are on a strict low carb diet, you should ideally avoid sweet or starchy vegetables like corn, potatoes, yam and other high starch vegetables.
- 3 carrots, quartered lengthwise and then cut in half
- 4 medium courgettes, quartered lengthwise and then cut into half
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 5 mm quarter-inch circles
- 2 large onions, cut into 15-20 cm 6-8 inch wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut into 2.5 cm, 1 inch strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2.5 cm, 1 inch strips
- 30 gm chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp crushed fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
How to Make Keto Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- 2. Cut vegetables and place in a large bowl. Add garlic, oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- 3. Spray two baking tins with non stick cooking spray; wipe excess off with paper towel. Place vegetables in a single layer.
- 4. Place one tin on bottom shelf of oven and the other on the top shelf.
- 5. Cook for 45-60 minutes. Rotate every 20 minutes to be sure they brown, evenly on top and bottom.
- 6. Serve as a salad or as a side with baked cottage cheese or meat.