Paneer and Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe
Paneer and mixed vegetable curry recipe is a divine recipe for paneer lovers. The popular vegetarian curry is made with easy stewing technique.
The curry dish is favorite comfort food of many. The main vegetables used are carrot, peas, French beans and potato. The spice mix is used to flavor the recipe further; poppy seeds, fennel and cashew nuts are what weave the magic right into the recipe.
The recipe has very light gravy and paneer cubes are added along with malai. The dish is best relished with butter naan or parantha. Learn how to make this recipe with our easy steps.
How to Make Paneer and Mixed Vegetable Curry:
- Combine all the vegetables.
- Add about 1.5 cup of water and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook till soft but not mushy.
- Roast poppy seeds and fennel (do not use oil) and powder together with cashew nuts.
- Add little water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat the Ghee or oil in a Kadai. Add sugar.
- Let the sugar melt and caramelize (Do not stir during this time). Add the whole spices, followed by onion and ginger.
- Fry till onion is golden brown.
- Mix all the powders with little water to a paste and add to the Kadai.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add Kasoori Methi, tomato puree and 2 tbsp of water. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables, Cashew mixture and salt to taste. Simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the Malai and remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and drizzle with little cream or Malai. Serve hot with Chapatti or Paratha.