Patta Gobhi Paratha Recipe
Patta gobhi paratha is a delicious breakfast recipe that is made with the filing of patta gobhi. The vegetarian paratha is popular in India and is served as main course dish.
The paratha is made up just like other parathas by shallow frying it. The only difference is that the filing is cooked a bit before it is stuffed into paratha. These parathas can be great addition to your regular paratha menu and they can change the taste off course.
The spices and herbs like curry leaves add a unique flavor to the paratha making them a delicious breakfast option. Learn how to make it by following the step by step guide.
small size or 1/4 kg - patta gobhi. 1 - medium sized Onion chopped fine. 1 to 2 - green chilli, chopped fine. 1 tsp - ginger- Garlic paste. 2 tsp - jeera. 1 tsp - Turmeric powder. 1 tsp - saunf. 4 to 5 leaves - curry leaves. oil /ghee as per requirement. 2 tbsp - maida. Wheat floor as per requirement. salt to taste.
How to Make Patta Gobhi Paratha:
- Wash and cut gobhi into very small pieces. Heat oil in kadai/pan, add jeera, curry leaves, turmeric, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and chopped onion. Fry until little brown then add chopped gobhi.
- Add salt to taste and a little water to this mixture.
- Close the kadhai and let it cook well for 10 mins. (Do not add too much water as gobhi will lose its taste).
- Once its well cooked keep aside.
- Make powder of saunf and jeera 1 spoon each.
- Grind cooked gobhi in blender to make thick paste and add the powder of saunf and jeera.
- Add maida and wheat floor in the Gobhi paste and soak for 15 mins.
- Make paratha as you make rotis on pan, use ghee or oil to make it crisp.
- Serve with any chutney or ketchup.