Soya Chunks Cutlet Recipe
Soya chunks cutlet is a delicious snack having high nutritious value and protein content. Soya is a great substitute of protein from meats and is especially good for kids of growing age.
This family-friendly recipe can be relished as an evening snack with tea of your favourite beverage and is super easy to make. You can know how to make it at home with easy recipe guide. The soya chunks are mashed and made into small cutlet which are shallow fried on pan.
The oats and bread crumbs mixture on the outside will make it more crunchy and crisp. Best enjoyed with the whole family as a supper.
1 cup - soya chunks 1 - onion, medium sized 1 cup - potato, boiled and mashed 1/2 tsp - Red Chilli powder 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala powder 2 tbsp - Coriander leaves Oil - 3 tbsp or as required to toast/deep fry Salt - to taste For coating: 2 tbsp - oats, powdered 4 tbsp - breadcrumbs
How to Make Soya Chunks Cutlet:
- Pressure cook soya chunks for 1 whistle until soft. Wash it well at least twice to get rid of the raw smell.
- Drain water completely and squeeze to remove excess water. Then mash it well.
- Now in a wide bowl, add mashed potatoes, soya chunks, chopped onion, coriander leaves, red chilli, garam masala powder, required salt and mix well.
- Then saute the mixture on a low flame for 3 mins to tighten it.
- Make the coating ready by mixing breadcrumbs with powdered oats.
- Make small round or oval shaped patties.
- Dip it in the breadcrumbs-oats mixture until coated well on both the sides.
- Heat dosa pan with oil and cook it on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
- You can deep fry the cutlets too.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmis Passions