Tapioca Pudding Recipe
Dessert recipes from Bawarchi.com
Tapioca Pudding is a must-have dessert which is loved by many. It is a kid-friendly dessert made with tasty ingredients like fresh tapioca flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and chopped pistachios. It is regarded as a great comfort food and can be served warm or cold.
8 tbsp. skim Milk powder 600 ml. warm water 12 tbsp. tapioca flour, mixed with a little water 4 Egg yolks 6 Egg whites 8 tbsp. Sugar 1 tbsp. vanilla essence 4 tbsp. chopped pistachios
How to Make Tapioca Pudding:
- Boil the water, add the milk powder and vanilla essence.
- While stirring, add the tapioca flour and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the egg yolks slowly, stir from time to time to avoid skin forming.
- Whip the egg white with half the sugar, when stiff add the rest of the sugar.
- Mix the meringue slowly into the warm tapioca, then add pistachio.
- Pour the mixture into an oven proof dish and bake in a warm water bath at 190 degrees C for about 40 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and serve.