Tava Fried Bhindi Recipe
Tava fried bhindi is a spicy and crispy recipe made from bhindi. The recipe is served as side dish and involves deep-frying technique.
You can learn how to make this easy recipe at home by following our authentic recipe tutorial with elaborated steps. The recipe is family friendly and especially loved with chapatti or naan.
Ladys finger is preferably cut in long pieces or slit from the sides. A mix of masala is used to flavor the bhindi. Bhindi is stir fried and then cooked with tomato and spice mix till it is light brown. The zesty, crispy and flavorful bhindi is ready in no time.
How to Make Tava Fried Bhindi:
- For bhindi: Cut bhindi into desired shapes (2 long pieces will be preferred).
- Heat vegetable oil in a fry pan. Deep fry the bhindi.
- Take out fried bhindi and place it on a paper towel to drain.
- Boil tomatoes if you want to, otherwise just grind it into a paste. Keep it aside.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Heat a small amounts of vegetable oil in heavy frying pan.
- Add jeera and then add chopped onions.
- Fry onions till they turn brown.
- Add the boiled tomato paste and mix it well with the onions.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and tawa fry masala. Fry it well.
- Add fried bhindi and cover it for some time.
- Open the cover and add garam masala and amchur powder.
- Serve it hot with paratha or chapatti.