Vegetable Chow Chow is a Chinese recipe which is popularly available at all roadside food stalls around the world. The popular vegetarian recipe is easy to make and is quite popular among vegetarians for its savoury flavors. The best thing is that it can be made in a jiffy and is best to satiate quick hunger pangs. The vegetables are cut in large pieces for the recipe. You can use vegetables like carrots, peas, cauliflower, capsicums, cabbage, tomatoes. They are sautéed in a pan using little oil. Corn flour is also used to thicken it further. A pinch of ajinomoto is used to flavor it further. It is best served piping hot.
- 100 gms - Green peas
- 100 gms - Carrots
- 50 gms - Cauliflower
- 100 gms - Capsicums
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20 gms - Corn flour
- 20 ml - Oil
- 20 ml - Hot water
- 100 gms - Onions
- 50 gms - Cabbage
- 50 gms - Tomatoes
- 50 gms - French beans
- 2 pinches ajinomotto.
How to Make Vegetable chow chow
- Cut cleaned vegetables into fairly large pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute all the vegetables.
- Add about 20 ml hot water. Season with salt, pepper and ajinomotto.
- When vegetables are cooked, thicken gravy with cornflour blended in cold water.
- When thick, remove from fire and serve hot.