Soup Recipes from Bawarchi.com
Vichyssoise is a rich, creamy appetizer made with a special combination of cold leek and potato. This yummilicious soup contains unique ingredients like onions, potatoes, leeks, chicken stock and butter. This soup can be served chilled during hot summers and can be relished hot during cold winters. Vichyssoise will definitely impress your guests at any party when compared to the old boring soup varieties.
Note: Vichyssoise can be served hot or cold.
50 gms. Butter 3 medium onions, chopped 1 kg. potatoes, peeled and diced 1 kg. leeks, sliced 600 ml. Chicken stock Salt and pepper To serve: 600 ml. creamy Milk 300 ml. Chicken stock
How to Make Vichyssoise:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add the onions, potatoes and leeks.
- Saute for 5 mins. with lid on, stirring regularly to avoid browning.
- Stir in stock and seasoning, bring to boil gently, then stir well.
- Cover pan and simmer for 40 mins. or until vegetables are tender.
- Leave to cool, then puree in a blender.
- To freeze: Pour into a rigid container, cover, and when cold, freeze.
- To serve hot: Defrost for 2 hours at room temperature, then tip soup in a saucepan, add the chicken stock and creamy milk, reheat gently, taste and adjust seasoning.
- To serve cold: Thaw overnight in fridge or about 5 hours at room temperature.
- Stir in the chicken stock and milk, reheat to simmering point, stirring constantly, taste and adjust seasoning and chill until ready to serve.