Amla Candy Recipe
- Author :
- On :
- Monday, 20 June, 2016
- Category :
- Kid friendly
- Course :
- Cuisine :
- Technique :
- Difficulty :
- Servings :
- Serves 10
- RATINGs :
based on 100
Amla candy is an amazing dessert recipe that is loved by the kids. You might have purchased amla candy in the market, but we will tell you how to make it at your own home and you will never need to buy it again.
The kid friendly Indian candy is high on vitamins and minerals, so it is probably the only candy with loads of goodness. Made with easy boiling of amla, this recipe won't take much time to make if ingredients are ready.
You can store dried amla for many days with this recipe. Learn how to make it with our step by step guide.
250 g - gooseberry 1 tsp - Cumin seeds powder 1 tsp - dried Ginger powder (saunth) 150 g - Sugar 2 tbsp - Sugar powder 1/2 pinch - edible food color (optional)
How to Make Amla Candy:
- Wash and dry gooseberry with kitchen towel.
- Make in the gooseberry.
- Amla Candy:
- Boil enough water in a vessel, add gooseberry, boil for 2 minutes and drain excess water.
- Cut the gooseberry in slices.
- Add cumin powder and dried ginger powder over the top.
- Cover it with sugar, close the lid and set aside.
- Next day slices will float in sugar water.
- On the third day slices will settle at bottom.
- Now filter the slices and collect the syrup (store it in refrigerator and use it as Gooseberry Sherbet).
- Dry these filtered slices in sunlight for two days.
- Sprinkle sugar powder mixed with edible colour of your choice and store it in an air tight container.
- Enjoy the candies formed.
- Recipe Courtesy: Cooking With Sapana