Baked Spinach and Corn in White Sauce Recipe
Baked spinach and corn in white sauce is a delicious continental recipe that is served as a side dish. The recipe is made by baking technique and can be easily made at home using simple ingredients.
The vegetarian recipe has high nutritional value because of its healthy ingredients like spinach, corn and cheese. It can be enjoyed at any family gathering or house party as a special meal. The ingredients are cooked in white sauce made from butter, flour and milk. The mixture is then poured into a baking dish and baked till cheese turns golden.
For the white sauce: 3 tbsp - Butter 3 tbsp - flour 3 cups - Milk salt and pepper to taste Other ingredients: 2 bunches - Spinach (finely chopped and washed well) 1 cup - yellow Corn (boiled) 1 tsp - Butter (for greasing the baking dish) 4-5 cubes - cheese (grated)
How to Make Baked Spinach and Corn in White Sauce:
- Cook the spinach in a heavy-bottomed vessel without any water. Cook until the water from the spinach evaporates completely.
- Grind the spinach coarsely.
- For the white sauce:
- Lightly heat butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add flour and saute on low flame until golden.
- Gradually add milk and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook the sauce on medium flame, stirring all the time until you get a thick pouring consistency.
- Remove from the flame and add salt and pepper. Keep the white sauce aside.
- To finish off:
- Add the spinach and corn to the white sauce and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish and pour the mixture into it. Allow it to cool completely.
- Evenly spread grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees until the cheese turns golden.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.