Baked Vegetable Cutlets Recipe
Baked vegetable cutlets is a delicious cutlet recipe made using vegetables. Vegetable cutlets are loved by one and all. They are the best snack recipe ever and are popularly served in all high-end eateries.
You can also learn how to make them at home by baking them in Indian style. The recipe requires some finely chopped vegetables such as carrots, beans, beetroot, cabbage and onions to be boiled and mashed.
The mixture is finally prepped with some spices and is divided into portions. These small portions are dipped into egg mixture and then onto breadcrumbs and finally lined into a baking tray to cook and serve.
How to Make Baked Vegetable Cutlets:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onions and fry till it is golden in colour on medium to low heat.
- Add curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes, grated carrot, beet root and cabbage and mix it well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt to it. Stir all the ingredients well for 3 minutes. Cover it with a tight lid and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir continuously for 5 minutes. Do not add water when cooking. Switch off the heat and keep it aside and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Divide cutlet mixture into 8 parts. Make it round or oval shape. Dip each cutlet into egg white and roll it in breadcrumbs. If the egg white is very smooth, breadcrumbs will coat easily.
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees.
- Grease a baking tray with 1 tsp of oil. Arrange cutlets carefully. Sprinkle remaining oil on the top of cutlets and bake at 200 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until it is golden brown in colour.
- Turn the other side and bake again. Serve it hot with fresh salad or tomato ketchup.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya's World