Besan Ka Cheela for Breakfast Recipe
Besan ka cheela is a fabulous and delectable breakfast option to replace your everyday boring breakfast meals. These are vegetarian cheelas that are made from besan or gram flour.
Gram flour is known for its high protein and energy content. That is why they are best for breakfast or evening snacking. Wondering how to make a besan ka cheela?
The gram flour or besan mix is made into batter and cheela is made by shallow frying them. You can add onions or green chilies if you like it spicy. Once the batter is made, it will be ready in no time. So you can have it with toast or as it is with spicy chutney for an extra zing.
2 cups - Besan 1 - large finely chopped Onion 1 - finely chopped Green chilli 1 bunch - Coriander leaves, finely chopped 1 tsp - Ajwain 1 tsp - Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp - Red Chilli powder 1 tsp - Chaat masala 1 tsp - Coriander powder 1 - 1.5 cups - Water to make batter Oil for cooking Salt to taste
How to Make Besan Ka Cheela for Breakfast:
- Put all the ingredients except water in a big bowl.
- Now start adding small quantities of water to make a smooth batter, so thatthere should be no lumps in it.
- Add water till it comes to a dropping consistency or just like dosa batter; now keep it aside.
- Now heat a non stick tawa or heavy bottom frying pan, then turn the heat on medium, put 1 tsp. oil on tawa and spread 1 serving spoonful of batter evenly on it.
- Cover it with a lid just for a minute so that it should cook inside also, then remove lid, put some more oil on the top and turn it upside down.
- Let it be brown and crispy from both sides.
- Repeat the same with rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.
- It can be taken with toast also.