Besan ka Cheela Recipe
Besan ka chila is a unique recipe that is a great breakfast alternative for paranthas and regular roti sabzi.
The goodness of besan is churned into a thin paste and then shallow fired into cheelas. The besan cheela is great pick for Indian breakfast and is very family friendly recipe and one of the best comfort foods.
As the name says, Besan Cheela is made with besan which is mixed with onions, green chili, tomato and fried over a normal or dosa tawa. The easy to make recipe takes very little time to be prepared once the ingredients are ready.
Learn how to make this scrumptious breakfast pick by following our step by step guide.
2 cups - Besan 3tbsp - Corn flour 1 - Large Onion (finely chopped) 3 - Green chillies (finely chopped) 1 -Tomato (deseeded and chopped ) Cilantro leaves, (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup 1 tsp - Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp - Red Chilli powder 1 tsp - Chat masala 1 tsp - Coriander powder Salt to taste Water to make a smooth batter Oil for cooking.
How to Make Besan ka Cheela:
- Combine the besan, corn flour, onion, green chillies, tomato, cilantro leaves, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, chat masala, coriander powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add water to make a spread like batter.
- Now heat a non-stick tawa and pour a ladle of the batter and spread it like a dosa.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil on the sides, and cook on medium flame until the side is golden.
- Now turn it upside down and cook the other side till it turns to brown in colour and crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.