Bhavnagari Gathiya Recipe
Here is an easy recipe of Bhavnagari Gathiya. Enjoy your cup of tea with this famous Gujarati snack.
Bhavnagari gathiya is a very popular Gujarati snack which is enjoyed during teatime. The snack is also available in the market in small and big packs for the gathiya lovers.
This snack is easy to make and you can learn how to make it here with the help of our recipe guide. The easy to make snack is made from gram flour and once you learn to make it, you will never need to buy it again from the market.
This Indian snack is made in Gujarati style by deep frying the gram flour and spice mix kneaded as a dough. The flavor of ajwain and asafoetida imparts a strong flavor to the snack making it even more delicious.
115 g - gram flour 30 g - hot oil 60 ml - water 1/2 tsp - soda bicarbonate 1/2 tsp - salt 1/2 tsp - ajwain a pinch - Asafoetida 1/2 tsp - crushed peppercorns 1 - 2 tsp - extra oil 300 ml - oil
How to Make Bhavnagari Gathiya:
- Sift gram flour and add crushed peppercorns, ajwain and asafoetida to it.
- Add hot oil and rub it in.
- Dissolve salt and soda in 60 ml of water. Bring it to a boiling point and let it cool.
- Make a hole in the centre of the flour and add water to it to make a stiff dough.
- Add extra 1 - 2 tsp of oil and knead again.
- Knead the dough till it is quite smooth.
- Heat oil in a kadai and reduce heat to medium. Press through sev mould and place it into hot oil. Fry till it is crisp and golden in colour. Drain out the oil and place it on a kitchen towel so it absorbs the extra oil. Store it in an airtight container.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya's World