Bitter Gourd Curry (Kakarakayya Curry) Recipe
Bitter gourd curry is a family friendly side dish which is famous for its unique taste among vegetarians.
The dish is made up of bitter gourd which of course is bitter but is fried well to remove its bitterness. It is then made into a curry that looks delicious as an accompaniment.
The key is to peel the bitter gourd properly and then fry it. The dish is made by braising the ingredients. If you are wondering how to make it, follow our tutorial. The curry can be made out of onion and tomato which are then well mixed with bitter gourd.
How to Make Bitter Gourd Curry (Kakarakayya Curry):
- Take the bitter gourds which have been cut and wash with salt. Keep it aside.
- Put the pan on the stove. After the pan gets heated, add oil to fry the bitter gourd.
- Deep fry till the colour changes to light green.
- Place them aside.
- Now, heat the oil in the pan.
- After the oil gets heated, add cumin seeds and jeera.
- After they splutter, add green chillies.
- After a few minutes, add onion and fry till the onion turns golden brown.
- Now, add the turmeric powder and the ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Now, add tomatoes. After tomatoes boil to a little extent, add the fried bitter gourd to it.
- Wait for a while and then add red chilli powder and salt.
- After it gets completely cooked, add coriander powder to it.
- Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.