Chicken Hong Kong Recipe
Chicken Recipes from Bawarchi.com
Chicken Hong Kong is a special chicken recipe inspired by ingredients and techniques from Hong Kong.
The spicy chicken marinade in Chicken Hong Kong involves a blend of tasty ingredients like soya sauce, eggs, corn flour, white pepper powder and vinegar. The fried chicken is sauted with a bunch of ingredients and then simmered along with the corn flour solution to get that desired thick consistency.
Chicken Hong Kong is a high-protein dish that goes well with fried rice or noodles.
For the chicken: 250 gms - boneless chicken, cubed into 12 inch pieces Oil for deep frying For the marinade: 1 tbsp - soya sauce 1 & 1/2 - eggs 2 & 1/2 tbsp - Corn flour 1 & 1/2 tsp - white pepper powder 1 tbsp - Vinegar Salt to taste For the Hong Kong Sauce: 2 & 1/2 pieces of sliced Ginger 1 tbsp - garlic, chopped 1 & 1/2 cup - Spring onions 4 green chillies, chopped 4 red chillies, broken Mix in a bowl: 1 tbsp - soya sauce 1 & 1/2 tsp - ajinomoto 1 & 1/2 tsp - white pepper powder 1 tsp - Sugar 1 & 1/2 tbsp - Vinegar 1 cup - Chicken stock 1 tbsp - Corn flour, dissolved in 1 & 1/2 cup of water 1 & 1/2 tsp - sesame oil 5 tbsp - oil 1 tsp - sesame seeds 1 & 1/2 cups - lamb/chicken stock 2 tbsp - Coriander leaves Salt to taste
How to Make Chicken Hong Kong:
- Mix ingredients of the marinade with the chicken and keep aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Deep fry the chicken till done.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok and saute spring onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and red chillies on high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock and when it simmers, add the ingredients mixed in a bowl. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add the fried chicken.
- After 30 seconds, add the corn flour solution a little at a time to reach the desired sauce consistency.
- After 30 seconds, add the sesame oil.
- Check seasoning and add salt as desired.