Chicken liver pepper fry Recipe
Chicken Liver Pepper fry is a delicious chicken dish made with chicken liver cubes shallow fried with black pepper.
This non-vegetarian Indian delicacy makes for a fabulous side dish. The main ingredient being chicken liver, this dish is cooked in tomato gravy and is mostly pan fried. The fusion of chicken liver with pepper powder creates an incredible mix and is savored for its simple yet strong flavors. The health benefits of chicken liver are widely known and pepper just enhances its taste and health benefits further.
It is famously prepared for parties and tastes the best when paired with butter rotis or naan. You can learn how to make this amazing side dish and impress everyone with the help of our step by step tutorial.
1 lb - Chicken liver (around 450 grams) 4 - shallots/pearl Onions (chopped finely) 1/2 - Tomato (chopped finely) (optional) 1.5 tsp - Ginger Garlic paste 2 tsp - pepper powder 1.25 tsp (optional) - cumin powder 1 - 1.5 tsp - chilli powder 1 pinch - Turmeric powder 1/8 tsp - Cumin seeds Salt to taste 1.5 tbsp - oil Coriander leaves - for garnishing Water - As per need
How to Make Chicken liver pepper fry:
- Wash chicken liver. Add turmeric powder and soak for a couple of minutes.
- This helps to sanitize the chicken. You can also add vinegar.
- Drain the water and leave the chicken on a kitchen towel.
- Add 1.5 tbsp of oil in a pan. When it is hot, add cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and saute for a while.
- Add turmeric powder and let it blend with the onions.
- Before it turns golden brown, add the chopped tomatoes and toss them for a minute or until it softens.
- Sprinkling salt at this stage helps cook the dish quickly.
- Add 1.5 tsp of ginger-garlic paste and mix it well until the raw smell disappears. (It is very important to do this to have a great flavour in your dish. This is applicable for any dish that uses ginger-garlic paste.)
- This would take a minute or so and then add the chicken liver, cut in small cubes (3 x 3 cm).
- Mix and toss it until the colour changes (2 minutes approximately).
- Add chilli powder, pepper powder, cumin powder (optional) and salt.
- Mix it with the chicken liver.
- Add 4 tbsp of water and let it cook until the water evaporates.
- Keep tossing until you see the oil leaving the pan (in small amounts).
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot rice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Food for 7 Stages of Life