Chicken masala semi gravy Recipe
Chicken masala semi gravy recipe is a famous non-vegetarian recipe especially loved by chicken aficionados. The gravy is kept semi-dried or with a thick consistency so that it just coats the chicken pieces.
This is served as a side dish and is best enjoyed with rotis or chapatis. The recipe is cooked in Indian style along with spices and condiments. You can learn how to make it at home by following our easy recipe guide.
The chicken pieces are marinated with yoghurt, lemon juice and handful of spices and then further cooked using stewing technique. The recipe is cooked till perfection and served with butter.
1 cup - yogurt 1 tbsp - Lemon juice 2 tsp - grated cumin 1 tsp - grated Cinnamon 1 tsp - Turmeric powder 1 tbsp - minced fresh Ginger and Garlic paste 4 tsp - salt, or to taste 2 kg - skinless Chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces 1 tbsp - Butter 1 Clove - garlic, minced 2 tsp - ground cumin 3 tsp - salt, or to taste 8 ounce - Tomato sauce 1/4 cup - chopped fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to Make Chicken masala semi gravy:
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 tsp oil, 2 tsp cumin, cinnamon, ginger and garlic paste and 4 tsp salt and turmeric powder.
- Stir the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add the onion to the pan and cook until soft.
- When onion is golden brown, add ginger and garlic paste and fry for 6-7 mins again.
- Add some turmeric powder, chilli powder, chicken masala, 1 cup finely chopped tomato and salt.
- Fry it for 7-8 mins more till oil separates.
- Now add the marinated chicken to frying pan; fry on low for 15 - 20 mins
- When water evaporates, stop cooking.
- Now, transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh coriander leaves, cinnamon powder and a little butter.