Chilli Gobi Recipe
A step-by-step guide on how how to make lip-smacking Chilli Gobi. Garnish with spring onions or coriander leaves.
Chili Gobi is a truly delicious Indian snack and a hit among vegetarians and non-vegetarian equally. Chili Gobi recipe can be easily made in less than 15 minutes once the ingredients are ready.
You must already be wondering how to make this snack which you generally eat in the restaurants outside. The recipe is easy given the major ingredients should be ready. The two major steps include an easy sauce preparation and tossing the florets in the sauce mix until well coated. A little frying up is needed and voila.
The easy-peesy Chili Gobi is ready to be relished. It will make for a great snack in house parties.
1 - medium sized Cauliflower 2 - medium sized onions, finely chopped 1 or 2 - green chillies, slit lengthwise 2 tsp - garlic, finely chopped 2 tsp - ginger, finely chopped 1 - medium sized capsicum, deseeded and chopped Butter Oil Salt For the batter: 3 tbsp - Corn flour 1 tbsp - plain flour 1 tsp - Red Chilli powder Salt For the sauce: 1 tsp - soya sauce 1 tsp - Red Chilli sauce 2 tsp - Tomato sauce 1 tsp - Vinegar A pinch of - Sugar
How to Make Chilli Gobi:
- Boil the cauliflower florets in water with a pinch of turmeric powder.
- In a bowl, prepare the batter with cornflour, plain flour, chilli powder and little salt.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan, add finely chopped ginger and garlic. Fry for a couple of mins.
- Add green chilli and onions. Fry until the onions become soft.
- Now, add the chopped capsicum. Saute for a min and add all the sauces along with vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix them well.
- Tip in the fried cauliflower florets, toss them gently and make sure the florets are coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve it hot garnished with spring onions or corainder leaves.
- Chilli gobi is ready to be served.