Chilli Kothu Parotta Recipe
- Author :
- On :
- Friday, 1 July, 2016
- Category :
- Course :
- Cuisine :
- Technique :
- Shallow Fry
- Difficulty :
- Servings :
- Serves 2
- RATINGs :
based on 100
Chilli Kothu Parotta is an extremely popular street snack in the entire South India. This vegetarian snack is made by shallow frying the vegetables.
It is also served as main course in some places. It is very easy to make this dish at your home. You can make fresh parotta or just buy frozen ones from the super market. The parottas are then fried with various vegetables like paneer, capsicum and slit green chilies.
When garnished with coriander leaves and spring onion, the recipe's flavor gets more enhanced. You can have this with raita. Learn how to make this South Indian snack at your home by following our step by step guide.
How to Make Chilli Kothu Parotta:
- Toast the parottas golden brown in a pan and allow to cool.
- Cut with a knife into desired shapes - squares or thin strips.
- Chop onions into chunks and slice the capsicums into thin strips.
- Crush the garlic (with skin) and finely chop the ginger.
- Slit the green chillies and chop the coriander leaves along with the stem.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the crushed garlic first. When it turns golden brown, add the chopped ginger and fry just a while.
- Add the onion and fry until it is transparent, then add capsicum, chillies and the coriander leaves.
- Fry for a minute on high flame.
- Add the powders mentioned and sprinkle salt.
- Add the sauce.
- Lower the flame to minimum and make sure the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Add the parotta pieces and mix so that the spices and sauce are evenly spread.
- Add more coriander leaves, spring onion and carrot and stir.
- Serve hot with onion raita.
- Recipe and Image courtesy: Rak`s Kitchen