Chinese Hakka Noodles Recipe
Hakka Noodles is a delicious Chinese recipe served as a main. The vegetables in the recipe can also be substituted with egg or chicken.
Chinese Hakka noodles is a scrumptious delight made from Hakka noodles. The Chinese recipe is very famous in India and is served as street food as well as in fine dining restaurants as a main.
The vegetarian recipe is made by sauteing the noodles along with some vegetables and sauces. You can learn how to make this simple recipe in no time using our recipe guide. Remember to make this recipe with only Hakka noodles which are comparatively thinner than the regular noodles and give more flavour and texture to this recipe.
1 packet - Hakka noodles 2 tbsp - Onion chopped finely (optional) 2 tsp - Garlic chopped finely 1 - carrot, medium sized (chopped lengthwise) 1/2 - Capsicum medium sized (chopped lengthwise) 1/2 cup - Cabbage chopped lengthwise 3 tbsp - Spring onion (chopped finely includes both green and white part) 1/2 tsp - Vinegar 1/2 tsp - soya sauce 1 tsp - Green chilli sauce 1.5 tsp - pepper Salt 1.5 tbsp + 1/4 tsp - Olive oil
How to Make Chinese Hakka Noodles:
- Chop all the vegetables and keep it ready.
- Boil water (enough for the noodles to immerse) then add the noodles with 1/4 tsp oil. Cook noodles until soft.
- Drain water and wash it to remove the excess starch, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan - add onion, garlic and spring onion and fry until slightly browned.
- Then add the carrot and cabbage and saute for a minute in medium high flame till it slightly shrinks in volume.
- Lower the flame and saute till it shrinks further.
- Add capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Bring it back on high heat and add soya sauce. Saute.
- Add green chilli sauce and keep stirring.
- Add vinegar, required salt and pepper powder.
- Finally add cooked noodles and give a quick stir until the noodles is blended well with the vegetables.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Recipe and Image courtesy: Sharmis Passions