Crispy Chilli Baby Corn Recipe
Crispy chili baby corn makes for an excellent starter or side dish for home parties or regular weekends.
The Chinese vegetarian recipe is a delicious one with the spiciness of chili and tangy sauces altogether making for a delicate blend.
This dish is loved by everyone equally for its tangy crispy feel. The baby corns are shallow fried along with spring onions, brown sugar and various sauces used in Chinese cuisine to make thick gravy that is enough to coat the fried baby corns.
With every bite, you can feel the flavor of its unique ingredients. You can learn to make it too by following our detailed recipe instructions.
1/4 kg - baby corn, cut into one inch pieces 2 - small onions, quartered (optional) 6 to 7 tbsp -s Spring onion whites 3 to 4 tbsp - Spring onion greens 1 tbsp - chopped Garlic 1 tbsp - chopped Ginger 2 tsp - soya sauce 2 tsp - Vinegar 1 tbsp - Corn flour 5 tbsp - water 1/2 tbsp - Brown sugar 1 - large green capsicum, cut into thin slices 1.5 tbsp - Tomato sauce 1 tsp - Green chilli paste Salt to taste 2 tbsp - oil For marinade: Large pinch of black pepper powder 1/4 tsp - ginger-garlic paste Salt to taste 1 tbsp - Corn flour + few tbsp water
How to Make Crispy Chilli Baby Corn:
- Blend all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the baby corn for 10 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a flat pan. Add the baby corn pieces and shallow fry till brown. Flip and cook the other side. Keep aside.
- Heat some more oil in a heavy-bottomed vessel. Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute on high flame for about 30 secs.
- Add the chopped spring onion whites and quartered onions. Saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add sliced capsicum and stir fry on high flame for 3 mins.
- Add green chilli paste, tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and combine.
- Add the sauteed baby corn and toss for a min on high flame.
- Add 1/4 cup water, the brown sugar and adjust salt if necessary.
- Add the corn flour water and combine on high flame, tossing the contents for 3 mins.
- Add chopped spring onion greens and combine.
- Garnish with more spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.