Doda Barfi Treacle Tart Recipe
A dessert perfected and archived well, Doda Barfi Treacle Tart is served like a cake slice with in-house vanilla ice-cream.
Among the few dishes that have never left Indian Accent menu since its inception days are the iconic Spicy Spare Ribs which is served with desi aam papad and the Doda Barfi Treacle Tart.
It was the change of the presentation style, which according to the masterchef "gives it more relevance to the modern palate" the ordinary Diwali sweet went on to become an extraordinary Indian treat.
For Tart Shell: Refined flour - 250 gms Castor Sugar - 100 gms White Butter - 200 gms eggs - 2 nos For the filling: Chocolate sponge crumbs - 165 gms Cream - 70 gms eggs - 3 nos White Butter - 192 gms Golden syrup - 720 gms Doda burfee - 100 gms
How to Make Doda Barfi Treacle Tart:
- Mix all the ingredients for tart shell together to make a sweet paste.
- Roll the paste into a sheet of 0.5 cm thickness and line the tart mould, 9 inches wide and 1.5 inches deep, with this sheet properly.
- Bake the tart shell at 150 degree celcius for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, reduce white butter in a sauce pan on low flame till dark yellow in colour.
- Add golden syrup and boil, remove scum if appears.
- Stir in the mixture of cream and eggs.
- Remove from flame and mix with sponge crumb.
- Fill the baked tart shell with this mixture, top with small chunks of doda burfi and bake at 150 degree celcius for 40 min.
- Remove from oven, cool down to room temperature and cut into desired pieces.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.