Dry Gobi 65 Recipe
- Author :
- On :
- Monday, 13 June, 2016
- Category :
- Course :
- Side dish
- Cuisine :
- Technique :
- Difficulty :
- Servings :
- Serves 4
- RATINGs :
based on 100
Dry Gobi 65, as the name says, is a dish made up of cauliflower in dry gravy. The famous Indian side dish is popular for its delectable taste among vegetarians.
This dish is served as snack and is our answer to Chinese honey cauliflower. The starter recipe is made with cauliflower florets tossed gently in eclectic blend of spices and made in complete Indian style.
The dish involves braising technique and is not that hard to make. If you have not relished this dish before, we promise you that you will fall in love with it the moment you have your first bite.
Follow our instructions and step by step guide to know how to make it.
1 - Cauliflower (medium sized) 3 to 4 tbsp - Corn flour 1 tsp - curry powder 1/2 tsp - Jeera powder 2 - Capsicum (green and yellow), cut into thin strips 1 - onion, sliced thinly 1.5 tsp - Tomato sauce 1 tsp - soya sauce 1/2 tsp - chilli sauce (optional) 1/2 tsp - chilli powder salt to taste oil for frying and seasoning
How to Make Dry Gobi 65:
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Soak in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and add 3 tbsp of corn flour, salt, chilli powder, curry powder and jeera powder. Do not add water.
- Lightly fold in with your hands until all the dry ingredients have mixed well with the florets. The mixture should be coated thickly enough to be fried crisply. If needed, sprinkle a little water.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry the florets to golden brown. Set aside on a paper towel until the oil is drained.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in another pan and saute the onions and green and yellow pepper strips for 2 to 3 minutes until the onions become transparent. Remove from fire and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp of oil and saute the sauces for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower florets and saute for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add the onion and bell pepper strips, mix well and remove from the flame.