Eggless Suji Cake Recipe
Eggless Suji Cake is an easy recipe made without the use of eggs. This makes for one for the best alternatives for vegetarians as compared to regular cake with eggs.
As the name suggests, suji cake is made with suji or rava. The dessert can be easily baked in an oven, keeping the health factor intact or alternatively you can cook it in pressure cooker or microwave.
The dessert is a great pick for the festive season and is especially loved by the kids. If you are wondering how to make this at home, you very well can by following our detailed instruction step by step.
Saffron, milk and garnishing add a touch of royalty to this dessert. Make this sweet treat at your home and surprise everyone.
1 cup - suji/rawa/semolina 1/2 cup - whole Wheat flour/atta 1/2 cup - maida/all purpose flour 1/2 - dahi/yoghurt 1/4 - kesar/saffron 1 tsp - baking powder 1/2 - baking soda 1 cup + 2 tbsp - powdered Sugar 1/2 cup - Milk (approx.) 1/2 cup - oil or Butter 1/2 - green cardamom, powdered 1 tsp - grated chocolate Handful of dry fruit (raisin, pistachio, cashew, almond)
How to Make Eggless Suji Cake:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Grease an 8-9 inch baking tin.
- Sift together suji, maida, atta, soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine curd, butter, and sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add suji mixture, saffron, green cardamom, dry fruits and milk to make it soft.
- Now pour the batter into the preheated baking tin; add grated chocolate.
- Sprinkle broken cashew/dry fruits on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.