Galawati Kebab Recipe
The Galouti Kebab or Galawati Kebab is made of minced mutton and is a star Awadhi dish. A raw papaya paste is traditionally used to tenderise the meat. Lucknowi folklore has it that Galawati Kebab was created for an aging, toothless Nawab Wajid Ali Shah. Galawati means 'melt in your mouth' and was perfect for the old ruler.
450 g - Mutton mince 2 tbsp - Raw papaya paste Salt to taste 1.5 cups - Onion 1/2 tbsp - Garlic 1/2 tbsp - Ginger 1 tbsp - khoya 1/4 Cloves - ground Cloves 1/4 tsp - ground Cinnamon 1/4 tsp - ground Cardamom 1/2 tsp - cayenne pepper 1/2 tsp - pepper powder 1 tsp - kewra 10 - rose petals 2-4 tbsp - besan flour 1/4 cup - Ghee
How to Make Galawati Kebab:
- Marinate the mince along with papaya paste and salt for 2 hours.
- Grind the onion, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan and saute till it turns brown.
- Add the khoya and saute till it turns brown in colour.
- Switch off the heat.
- Mix the ground powders, rose petals and kewra.
- Add the marinated meat and pulse in a grinder till it is well blended.
- Sprinkle besan flour and knead to form a soft dough.
- Add more besan if required. Cover the mixture and keep for an hour.
- Knead well and roll into small balls.
- Form cutlets and fry on medium heat till brown on either sides
- Serve hot.
- Recipe Courtesy: Mareena's Recipe Collections