- Author :
- Category :
- Course :
- Pickles and Chutneys
- Cuisine :
- Technique :
- Difficulty :
- Servings :
- Serves 4
- RATINGs :
based on 100
Gongura pachadi is a signature Andhra chutney, a mouth-watering blend of fresh, ground gongura(sorrel) leaves spiced with red and greeen chillies.
- In a pan pour a tsp of oil, add gongura leaves and fry until the leaves start to shrivel and lose colour.
- Transfer the leaves to a plate and keep aside to cool.
- Now, add the rest of the oil to the same pan and add mustard seeds.
- When they splutter, add cumin seeds along with coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, green and red chillies and stir really well.
- To this add the turmeric and asafoetida and mix well.
- Cook well and remove from the flame and leave aside to cool.
- When the mixture cools, grind them into a fine paste along with the leaves adding a little amount of water if needed.
- Recipe courtesy: Trendy Relish