Gujarati Masala Kachori Recipe
Gujarati masala kachori is a delicious variant of kachori that is native to Gujarat. The crispy kachori is a popular vegetarian snack in Gujarat and is famous for its unique taste.
This Indian snack recipe is made in Gujarati style and you can learn how to make it at home by following our recipe guide. The dough is prepared using flour and some spices and condiments are used for stuffing the kachoris such as roasted gram flour, coconut, clove powder, cinnamon powder, peanut, cumin and cardamom powder along with little sugar. As the dough is rolled along with stuffing inside it, it is then deep fried to make fluffy and crispy kachoris. They taste best with chutney.
For making dough: 1 cup - Refined flour 1 tbsp - oil 1 tbsp - Ghee Salt to taste For stuffing: 1 tbsp - roasted and crushed sesame seeds 3 tbsp - roasted gram flour 1 tbsp - grated dry Coconut 1 pinch - Clove powder 1 pinch - Cinnamon powder 1 tsp - fennel powder 2 tbsp - roasted and crushed Peanut powder 1 tsp - cumin powder 1 tsp - coriander powder 1 tbsp - powdered Sugar 1 tbsp - Lemon juice 1 tsp - chilli powder 1 tsp - oil Salt to taste
How to Make Gujarati Masala Kachori:
- Mix flour, salt, ghee and oil, add just sufficient water to make a medium soft dough. Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Dry roast sesame, gram flour and peanut powder.
- Mix all ingredients for stuffing, oil is added for binding the spices if it feels too dry then add 1 more tsp of oil.
- But, don't add water.
- Knead the flour again, and make lemon size ball from the dough and keep aside.
- Take a walnut size ball, roll a little and stuff 1/2 tsp of mixture into it.
- Close well and roll again into a thick poori.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the pooris on low heat till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on tissue paper and serve.