Honey chilli chicken Recipe
Honey chili chicken is a palate pleasing and delicious non-vegetarian recipe that is loved by chicken lovers for its amazing flavors.
It is generally served as a side dish and best enjoyed during home parties or family gatherings. You can learn how to make it at home with our recipe guide. The Indian chicken recipe is made by deep frying the chicken pieces in flour and then coating it with the honey chili sauce.
You can use the mix of sauces such as soy sauce, Chinese chili sauce and honey to create this amazing blend of honey chili sauce. The fried chicken pieces are then coated well in this sauce and served hot.
1 - Chicken (3-4 lbs) 1/2 cup - all purpose flour 1/2 tsp - salt 4-5 cups - vegetable oil for frying 1/3 cup - water 1/3 cup - Lemon 2 tsp - cornstarch 4 tsp - Chinese chilli sauce 2 tsp - soy sauce 1.5 tsp - fresh ginger, minced 3 tbsp - Honey 6 green onions, sliced thinly lengthwise
How to Make Honey chilli chicken:
- Rinse chicken and cut into small serving-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add chicken pieces and toss.
- Make sure you coat each piece well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken, one piece at a time.
- Fry a few pieces at a time, or they will stew instead of browning.
- Cook until golden for about 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Remove all but 1 tbsp oil from the skillet.
- Combine water, lemon juice, corn starch, chilli sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add ginger to skillet.
- Fry for 1 minute.
- Add honey.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in corn starch-chilli mixture. Cook and stir till sauce boils.
- Stir the chicken pieces.
- Cook and stir until heated thoroughly for about 3 minutes.
- Stir the onions.
- Cook and stir for about 1 minute more.