Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani is a non-vegetarian rice dish made with moderate spices and tender chicken pieces.
The Indian dish is slow cooked to perfection and served as a main course. It is a delectable rice delight that is famous globally for its perfect balance of flavored spices mixed with chicken.
If you are wondering how to make it at home, here is the technique. The two major ingredients involved in this recipe are – Basmati Rice and Chicken, with a handful of spices. The key to cooking Hyderabadi Chicken biryani to perfection is slow cooking technique. Besides, chicken should be marinated with spices to let it release the maximum flavor. The fragrant Hyderabadi Chicken biryani gets ready in no time with little patience and love.
How to Make Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani:
- Soak saffron in milk. Keep aside. Heat oil.
- Fry the onions till golden brown in colour. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, grind coarsely and set aside.
- Rub ginger and garlic paste all over the chicken.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, half of the mint and coriander, lemon juice, green chillies, the ground spices, crushed onions, yoghurt and the oil in which the onions were fried.
- Marinate for 2 hours.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, put the chicken along with the marinade and cook on medium heat until the chicken is tender and the liquid is not fully dried.
- Boil 1.5 glasses of water.
- Add the whole cloves, bay leaves, cardamoms and cinnamon to the water.
- Add salt to taste and the rice.
- Parboil the rice.
- Drain out the water and spread the rice on a plate.
- In a separate heavy-bottomed pan, apply ghee on the bottom.
- Place half the rice in a layer. Cover the layer with the cooked chicken.
- Cover the chicken with the rest of the rice.
- Sprinkle the saffron milk and balance mint and coriander over the rice.
- Pour the ghee all over the rice.
- Seal the pan tightly and cook over slow fire till the rice is fully cooked. Do not overcook the rice.
- Carefully remove the rice to a serving dish without mixing the chicken and the rice. Serve hot.