Hyderabadi double ka meetha Recipe
Hyderabadi double ka meetha, as the name suggests, is a recipe native to Hyderabadi.
The royal Indian dessert dish is very simple to make. You will be surprised that this kid friendly dessert is made with simple ingredients like bread and sugar.
A popular dessert in Hyderabad, it requires ghee-fried bread to be fried and then the mix of khoya, milk along with various nuts is poured. The bread is left to soak up the goodness of flavors and the outcome will be something so heavenly that you never imagined from bread.
You can make this recipe as a side dish after lunch or dinner at your home. Learn how to make it with the help of our detailed instructions.
1 uncut bread loaf 1 cup - khoya 1/2 cup - Sugar 1/2 litre - Milk Dry fruits sliced ( kaju, kismis, badam, karboja seeds) Dalda for frying bread 3 tsp - Ghee for frying dry fruits 2 Cardamom 1/2 glass - water
How to Make Hyderabadi double ka meetha:
- Cut bread into cubes and deep fry them in dalda or refined oil according to your choice.
- Drain on tissue paper and place on a tray-like vessel and keep aside.
- Take half a glass of water in a bowl, boil it, add sugar and keep stirring till it becomes thick.
- Add cardamom and once the syrup is done pour this sugar syrup over the bread mix delicately and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai, add ghee and all dry fruits to it and fry.
- Add fried dry fruits to fried bread along with ghee.
- Boil milk in a bowl on low heat, now mash the khoya and add it to the milk till the milk becomes thick.
- Once the milk turns into a thick mixture, add a pinch of saffron and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add the mixture directly to the bread and mix well.
- Let the mixture soak with bread for 30 min max.
- Once it is soaked well, serve it as a dessert.