Hyderabadi Egg Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Egg Biryani is a popular non-vegetarian Indian dish, famous in Hyderabad as one-dish meal. The dish is made with basmati rice and boiled eggs with a delish blend of spices.
The Hyderabadi delight and a favorite around the whole country, this recipe is quite easy to make. No need to follow elaborated recipes as we will tell you how to make it easily.
The important thing to do it to boil the eggs and marinate them with yoghurt, turmeric powder, garam masala and red chili powder.Slow cooking is involved in letting the flavors come out properly. It tastes best with raita. You can also garnish it with boiled eggs and coriander.
How to Make Hyderabadi Egg Biryani:
- Wash the basmati rice and parboil with a large amount of water along with whole garam masala and 4 to 5 green chillies (slit vertically) and a little salt.
- Make vertical slits on the egg and marinate with yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, powered garam masala, and a little salt.
- After it is done, drain the water and keep aside.
- Make thin round slices of onions and deep fry in the oil until golden brown and strain on a paper towel.
- To this, add the rest of the green chillies (slit vertically), mint leaves and coriander leaves, and keep it aside.
- In a thick bottom vessel put some oil (about 1 tsp) and pour the marinated mixture.
- Layer it with onion mixture and pour the lime juice; layer it with parboiled rice.
- On top of this, put some preheated oil (used for frying onion) and ghee.
- Cover tightly and keep on the stove for 20 to 25 mins on a very small flame. After it is done, mix slowly and serve.
- Can be served with raitha.