Indian Salmon Fish Fry with Indian Spices Recipe
Salmon Fish Fry is a tasty Indian fish recipe specially meant for fish lovers. Salmon is a nutrient-rich fish packed with omega-3 fatty acids, loaded with calcium, zinc, magnesium , phosphorus and lots of vitamins.Indian Salmon Fish Fry is made with tasty salmon shallow fried with freshly ground traditional spices like tangy red chilli powder, pepper powder and turmeric powder.
Kids are very much fond of this fish recipe and it could serve as a perfect starter dish or enjoy along with boiled rice.
Recipe Courtesy: Niya's World
How to Make Indian Salmon Fish Fry with Indian Spices:
- Wash and clean fish pieces. Drain out water completely. Wipe each fish piece carefully with a soft kitchen towel.
- In a wide bowl, mix red chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Sprinkle 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar and make a thick paste. Do not add water.
- Apply this paste evenly on both the sides of each fish piece. Cover and keep aside for one hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan (tawa). Reduce the heat to medium. Arrange marinated fish pieces (4 or 8 fish pieces at a time, depending on the size of the frying pan) and shallow fry till golden brown on both the sides.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp oil when turning them over. Approximate frying time for each side is 10 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Gently remove fried fish pieces with a flat spatula. Drain on paper towels to absorb extra oil.
- Serve with rice / boiled tapioca. Decorate with lemon wedges, onion rings and tomato wedges (optional).