Jamun and Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
Muffins with a fruity twist, these Jamun and cream cheese muffins are cinnamon scented. A non-vegetarian dessert that can be made in a jiffy. All you need is fresh Jamuns (Black plums), flour, sugar, butter and cream cheese. Delight your guests with this lip-smacking delight.
Flour - 3 cups Sugar - 1 cup Baking powder - 4 tsp Cream cheese - 220 gms Salt - 1/2 tsp Lemon zest - 2 tbsp eggs - 2 nos Whole Milk - 1 cup Vanilla extract - 1 tsp Butter (melted and cooled) - 1/2 cup Fresh jamun (seedless) - 1 cup Sugar - 1/2 cup Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
How to Make Jamun and Cream Cheese Muffins:
- For the marination: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a muffin liner inside each opening of a large muffin pan. Spray each liner lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the room temperature cream cheese and lemon zest until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture and using a large wooden spoon, mix until completely combined.
- Gently fold in the seedless roughly chopped jamuns until evenly mixed in the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter evenly into the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. The sprinkle the tops generously with the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are firm and just beginning to brown.
- Serve with butter while still warm.
- Chefs Tip: Tastes best with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Muffins have to be served hot with honey and nuts on the side.