Kadai Mushroom Masala Recipe
Kadai Mushroom Masala is a popular Indian side dish made in delicious tomato based gravy. If you are wondering how to make this delicious dish and your taste buds have already started salivating, we won't let you keep waiting too.
It can be made with easy saute technique. The key ingredients of the recipe are mushroom, capsicum and onions. They should be chopped accordingly as we are making it in kadai. Since it involves no curry or gravy, the dish can also be relished as a side dish.
And the spoiler is, it tastes awesome. Even way better than you can imagine. So get yourself started and make easy mushroom masala in a kadai.
How to Make Kadai Mushroom Masala:
- Clean mushroom, slice and keep aside.
- Heat the oil, add cumin. Allow it to crackle, then add red chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn slightly brown.
- Next add the capsicum, saute well - but retain its crunchiness.
- Then add the tomato puree and fry for 3 - 4 mins till the raw smell disappears.
- Then add the chilli, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt - mix well and fry for few mins.
- Add a little water if it's very thick.
- Add the mushroom and mix gently until well combined.
- Simmer for 3 mins and keep the dish covered so that the mushroom gets cooked, becomes soft and is blended with the gravy.
- Once the mushroom gets soft, simmer for 2 mins, then add kasoori methi, coriander leaves.
- Goes well with chapattis or even plain rice and dal.
- Recipe and Image courtesy: Sharmis Passions