Kathal Kofta Ki Curry Recipe
Kathal kofta ki curry is a flavoursome vegetarian side dish which is made from jackfruit. This Indian recipe involves stewing of jackfruit along with other ingredients.
Jackfruit is rich in nutrients and minerals. It is a large fruit of its size but taste amazing when cooked like a vegetable. The recipe follows any other kofta recipe if you are wondering how to make it. The koftas are made using gram flour and jackfruit.
This completes the first part of the recipe and the other part follows the usual gravy technique in which koftas are simmered. This side dish is mostly eaten with rice in most of the parts of Punjab.
How to Make Kathal Kofta Ki Curry:
- Add chopped ginger and 1/2 tsp salt to a deep vessel with 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add jackfruit.
- Cook till tender, but still firm to the touch.
- Spoon out the cooked jackfruit and squeeze out water.
- Set aside.
- Save some of the jackfruit liquid.
- Add all other kofta ingredients to fruit and mix well.
- Add more gram flour, if required, for binding.
- Shape into koftas, deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Keep aside in perforated container till required.
- In another pan, heat oil for to roast whole garam masala ingredients.
- Roast till lightly browned and grind.
- In the same pan, heat some more oil and add onions.
- Cook till light and translucent.
- Add saved water, bring to a boil and simmer for 4-6 mins.
- Dissolve ground masala powders in 1/4 cup water and add to the pan.
- Add all other ingredients, except chopped coriander leaves.
- Add some more water if gravy is too thick.
- Add salt to taste, simmer further for 5-7 mins.
- Add koftas, stir and pour into serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.