Masala Bread Toast Recipe
Masala bread toast is a vegetarian snack that is perfect to be accompanied with your evening tea or as a quick snack in the morning. Bread is a rich source of carbohydrates and a mix of veggies makes for a healthy combination in the form of toast.
The Indian toast recipe can be made in a hurry and also be packed for quick bites before lunch. You can learn how to make it at home with our recipe guide.
All you need is toasting of veggies like potatoes and tomatoes with masala powder of your choice along with ginger garlic paste and spices. This can be spread onto bread which can be toasted till it is crisp.
2 - onions, medium sized 1 - Tomato 2 - potatoes, medium sized 2 - Green chillies 1 tsp - Ginger Garlic paste 1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp - chilli powder 2 tsp - masala powder (of your choice) 10 - bread slices 10 - curry leaves Coriander leaves, a bunch
How to Make Masala Bread Toast:
- Boil the potatoes and keep aside. When it is cool, mash it.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves. Stir and add finely chopped onions.
- Also add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies to it and saute well.
- When the raw smell is gone, add turmeric powder, chilli powder and masala powder and saute well. Add salt.
- Now put the chopped tomato and saute well.
- When the oil leaves the sides, put the mashed potatoes in it and mix well.
- Make into a paste. You can sprinkle water in it.
- Put the coriander leaves in the vegetable and mix well.
- Take from the stove and keep aside.
- Take the bread slices and toast it lightly to a light brown colour on a pan or in a bread toaster.
- Now take a bread slice. Apply the masala.
- Now keep another bread slice on top of it and press well in such a way that the masala does not come out.
- The bread masala toast is ready.
- You can have it with tomato sauce or ketchup.