Methi Chicken Malai Recipe
Methi chicken malai recipe is a unique twist of methi leaves cooked with chicken pieces. The recipe is high on flavours and goodness.
The non-vegetarian recipe is famous for its unusual taste and style of cooking. You can learn how to make it at home with easy stewing technique. The chicken pieces are marinated to bring out maximum flavours.
Methi leaves add a tinge of earthy flavour to the whole dish. The chicken and methi are cooked to make a thick gravy. It is further made thick and creamy by adding some fresh cream. The recipe is popularly served as a side dish.
800 gm - Chicken 1 cup - Thick Curd without water 2 tbsp - Ginger and Garlic paste 1 cup - Onion chopped (finely) 1.5 cup - Methi leaves Garam Masala (sabut) - Elaichi, dalchini, Cloves (4 each) 2 tbsp - coriander powder 4 tbsp - Oil 1 tsp - Turmeric 2 tbsp - Green chilli, chopped finely 1/2 tsp - pepper powder 1 tsp - Garam Masala (readymade) Salt -to taste 1/2 cup - Fresh Cream
How to Make Methi Chicken Malai:
- Marinate chicken with curd, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric and salt. Keep it aside for half an hour.
- First saute garam masala in oil.
- Fry onion. When it is soft, add green chillies.
- After that add methi leaves. Mix for 8-10 mins.
- Then add coriander powder and marinated chicken and cook on high heat.
- When chicken softens, add readymade garam masala and pepper powder. When it boils, cover it for 10 mins.
- Lastly, add fresh cream. Serve hot.