Mexican grilled sandwich Recipe
Mexican grilled sandwiches are perfect for evening snacking or those sudden midnight hunger pangs. The vegetarian sandwich recipe is very popular in Mexico and they are one of the popular street foods in Mexico region.
The sandwiches are light and make for a great breakfast option. That’s why they are served as main. You can learn how to make them at home in Mexican style by following our recipe guide.
They can be made from vegetables like corn, tomato, onion, potato along with generous quantities of grated cheese. The white sauce is prepared from milk, butter and flour which is then spread on the bread slice. The veggies are placed and the bread is baked at 350-degree F till cheese melts and covers the toast.
12 bread slices 3 tbsp. - Butter 1 small onion, chopped 1 small tomato, chopped 1 small boiled potato, chopped 1-2 green chillies, chopped fine 1 cup - boiled Corn 1/2 cup - grated cheese salt to taste 1/2 tsp - pepper 2 tbsp. - Tomato sauce 2 tbsp. - chilli sauce 1 cup - Milk 1 tbsp. - Butter 1 tbsp. - all purpose flour
How to Make Mexican grilled sandwich:
- Preparing white sauce:
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a pan. Add all purpose flour and fry lightly. Add in the milk and stir till it thickens to a sauce-like consistency.
- Now add chopped onion, tomato, potato, green chillies, boiled corn, half the cheese, salt and pepper, and saute for 10 mins.
- Now, toast the bread slices.
- Apply butter on one side only.
- Spread the vegetable mixture on the buttered side. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
- Drizzle tomato and chilli sauce, and bake at 350 degree F or 160 degree C for ten mins. or till cheese melts.
- Serve hot.