Moong Dal Ki Goli Recipe
Moong dal ki goli, as the name suggests, is a hearty and wholesome dish prepared from moong dal. We all know the nutritious properties of moong dal. Moong dal is a great source of protein in our daily diet and is very healthy for kids as well.
Moong dal ki goli is a great vegetarian recipe to incorporate protein in your diet. Know how to make moong dal ki goli (also known as moong dal wadi) at home by following our easy recipe tutorial.
Moong dal is soaked for few hours and ground. Ginger garlic paste adds the extra zing and the dal mixture is sauteed with spices and condiments so as to make a fine blend, which is then rolled into golis and relished.
How to Make Moong Dal Ki Goli:
- Soak the dal in water for 2 hours.
- Grind the dal into a smooth batter with the ginger-garlic paste, salt to taste, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and a dash of water.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan and add the dal batter and keep stirring for a few minutes till it thickens slightly.
- Now add tomato, onion, chopped garlic and ginger. Stir again till it becomes a sticky mixture.
- Once the mixture is cool enough, roll small amounts of it into medium sized balls or golis.
- To prepare the masala, heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan and add the onion, tomato, garlic and ginger.
- Sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the coriander leaves, green chilli and a dash of water. Mix well.
- Once the thickens, gently place the moong dal boils in the masala and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- When these balls simmer in the gravy remove from the heat.
- Mix well and serve hot.