Mughlai Mutton Curry Recipe
- Author :
- On :
- Monday, 20 June, 2016
- Category :
- Course :
- Cuisine :
- Technique :
- Difficulty :
- Servings :
- Serves 4
- RATINGs :
based on 100
Mughlai mutton curry, as the name suggests, is a royal mutton curry which has been here since ages. This non-vegetarian curry is stewed to bring out the perfect flavor with the addition of exotic spices.
Mutton is marinated before preparing the dish with spices so that the flavor of spices will enrich its taste further. The curry is made out of ingredients like ginger-garlic and onions. The mutton is tossed in the curry until it is perfectly cooked and voila! The Mughlai mutton curry is ready.
Learn how to make this curry at home by following our step by step guide.
How to Make Mughlai Mutton Curry:
- Mix onion, chillies, yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and mutton.
- Add some water and make a paste.
- Take cloves, coriander seeds, cardamom seeds, turmeric powder and khus khus seeds.
- Grind them to a powder and keep them aside.
- Mix mutton pieces, salt and the paste in a large bowl. Keep them aside for 40 mins.
- Take a pot, add sufficient amount of water and cook on medium heat till the meat becomes tender.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add chopped red chilli, bay leaves and the meat.
- Do not add any remaining liquid from the marinade now.
- Fry on high heat for 7 mins and add the powdered spices. Fry for 2 mins.
- On low heat, add the remaining liquid from the marinade dish.
- Cook on low heat till the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with white rice.