Mughlai Paratha Recipe
Mughlai paratha is a famous Bengali paratha which is served as a delicacy for the breakfast. This Indian recipe is enjoyed throughout the country.
You can find Mughlai paratha in Kolkata as a famous street food. The best thing is that you can learn how to make it at home no matter where you live. This unique paratha can be made by following our easy recipe guide.
It involves easy shallow-fry technique just like other parathas. You can use vegetables, egg or chicken as filling in the paratha. The trick is to fold it in a way that all the four corners will meet at the center and the rest involves frying it in oil or ghee.
200 gms - all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp - baking powder 1/2 tsp - salt 1 tbsp - oil 85 - 100 gms - water ( to make dough ) 1 - beaten Egg 1/4 cup - Extra flour 8 tsp - Extra oil
How to Make Mughlai Paratha:
- Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Rub the sieved flour with 1 tbsp oil and slowly add water (85- 100 ml) to make a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and shape them into round balls.
- Roll out each ball into a thick flat round (approximately 4 - 5 inches in diameter).
- Apply a little oil, sprinkle a little flour and fold it into semi-circle.
- Again apply oil and flour. Fold in lengthwise.
- Roll it, press down and roll out again into a square of 8 x 8 - inch.
- Brush the surface of each paratha with beaten egg and turn all four corners towards the centre.
- Heat griddle and apply a little oil.
- Put the paratha on it. Cook by adding oil around the edges.
- Turn and fry the other side by applying oil.
- When brown patches appear on both sides, remove from the griddle and serve hot with any Mughlai - North Indian dishes of your choice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya's World