Mutton Pulao Recipe
Mutton pulao is a delicious and palate pleasing non vegetarian dish famously relished as a royal main course. This is popular throughout India for its unique flavor and fragrance.
This dish is made as one dish by combining all the ingredients and pressures cook them. The mutton pieces and rice are cooked along with other spices.
The exotic spice mix is what lends the delish flavor to the dish. You can learn how to make it by following our simple steps below
300 g - mutton, pieces 1.5 cups - basmati rice, washed and soaked in water 1 - large onion, sliced 1 - large tomato, peeled and chopped 1 - large potato, quartered and fried 4 - Cloves 1 inch - Cinnamon 3 tsp - Garlic paste 3 tsp - Ginger paste 2 tbsp - coriander, paste 1 tbsp - fennel seeds, powdered 1 tsp - Red Chilli powder 1 tsp - cumin powder 1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder 1/4 cup - oil 1 tbsp - Yoghurt salt
How to Make Mutton Pulao:
- Pressure cook the mutton in 2 cups of water to which salt, a little turmeric powder, cloves and a piece of cinnamon has been added.
- Heat another skillet.
- Add oil.
- Once its hot, add the onions.
- Stir-fry until fragrant and golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry until soft.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- Fry for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the cooked mutton pieces and yogurt.
- Cook for 3 mins.
- Add the fried potatoes.
- Add the powdered spices and salt.
- Roast for 2 mins.
- Add water to cook the rice. Bring to a boil.
- Add the drained rice.
- Cook on low flame for 20 mins until all the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Serve hot with a salad and a vegetable dish on the side.