Paneer Amritsari Cubes Recipe
Paneer Amritsari, as the name suggests, is a dish native to Amritsar region of Punjab. This vegetarian paneer recipe is loved throughout the country and is a staple food in Punjab, especially.
It is a great alternative to meat or chicken as it is an extremely good source of protein. Want to learn to make Paneer Amritsari at home? You can follow our easy guide to make this delectable paneer dish and will be surely loved by your whole family.
The key to this dish is to marinate the paneer. The paneer is either grilled on a barbequed or fried till it is crispy. The grilled paneer is stir fried with masala until the pieces are fully coated. This snack is best served with chutney while enjoying the rainy weather.
500 gms - Paneer 2 - Onions, sliced into thin rings 1 tsp - Ginger, grated 1 tsp - Garlic, crushed fine 1/2 tbsp - Coriander, finely chopped 1 tsp - Ajwain seeds 3/4 cup - Gram flour 1 tsp - Red Chilli powder 1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp - Tandoori masala 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala 1/2 tsp - Sugar 1 tsp - Anardana powder Salt to taste 2 tbsp - Oil
How to Make Paneer Amritsari Cubes:
- Cut paneer into cubes.
- Make a thick mixture of flour, salt, ginger, garlic, turmeric, ajwain, garam masala and tandoori masala.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp. water if necessary. Add 1/2 tbsp. oil, mix well.
- Use 2 tbsp. mixture to marinate onions, and rest to marinate paneer cubes.
- Marinate paneer for 10 minutes.
- Either fry pieces or grill on a bar-b-que skewer or grill mesh till crisp and brown.
- Heat remaining oil, add onions, saute till light brown.
- Add marinate paste, stir well and cook.
- When dry add fried paneer, chilli, anardana powder, sugar and salt.
- Toss well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with tooth picks to pick up easily.