Paneer Butter Masala - Gravy Recipe
Paneer Butter Masala or PBM, made of Paneer in cashewnut based gravy, is extremely popular in Indian restaurants,parties, weddings and in dhabas along the highways.
How to Make Paneer Butter Masala - Gravy:
- Heat ghee in a frying pan.
- Add the grated onions to it and cook on medium heat for 3 mins.
- Add the crushed garam masala, butter and cook till the smell of raw onion is gone.
- Make sure that the colour of onion doesn't change. It should be white.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, dhania and again fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Then add the dhania powder, haldi powder, salt and red chilli powder.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomato is reduced to a pulp like consistency.
- Then add posta and cashewnut paste.
- Add paneer, kasuri methi, sugar and let it simmer on low heat for 5 mins.
- Add the raisins, then increase the heat and let it simmer for 4 mins stirring in between.
- Then remove from flame and immediately add the boiling milk.
- You may increase or decrease the quantity of sugar and salt according to your taste.
- Then add half the grated cheese and 1 tsp cashewnuts keeping the rest aside for garnishing.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fried cashewnuts.